Stay in the sun when the sunshine is gone, and you will find that the sunshine lives within you.
FOR BEREAVEMENT BY SUICIDE
We recently conducted an evaluation into the current suicide bereavement response in Gloucestershire. To see the results to our questionnaire, please CLICK HERE
Our proposal is to fund a Suicide Bereavement Liasion Worker to work with the Charity Coordinator. This post will make contact with people within 48 hours of referral in to Sunflowers and contact them to meet.
They will support the person with;
- Police contact and recovering personal property
- Coroner contact and inquest questions
- Serious case reviews
- Practical support in who needs to be notified of the death
- Work with the charity coordinator to develop the liasion service
The service we hope to offer will include 10 sessions with a counsellor and setting up training for volunteers to develop a team of 'befrienders' to support people individually. This will then link in to the services we already offer.
To read the EVIDENCE to why this is needed, please CLICK HERE
AFTER AN ATTEMPTED SUICIDE
Our proposal is to fund a Suicide Prevention Liasion Worker to work with the Charity Coordinator. This post will need to develop this new area of the chairty. At present we do not directly offer support to people who are in crisis. This project will see us develop partnership working between all local agencies to ensure adequate support is in place.
This post will work with people who have been admitted to hospital after an attempted suicide and their families.
- Put in place a care plan at discharge to keep them safe.
- Work with other agengies to link the person and their family up with support.
- Be a point of contact for the person and their family to avoid being passed between different agencies
To read the EVIDENCE to why this is needed and our proposal in full, please CLICK HERE